Chandler Cockroach Control
Don't Let Roaches Overrun Your Home With Our Expert Roach Control Services in Chandler and the Surrounding Areas
German Roach Treatment - General Roach Treatment
Cockroaches are a pain to deal with. Because they are nocturnal, you often don't see them until they have reached infestation levels. And, if you do see one, you can be sure there are more. Cockroaches find their way inside, looking for food, water, and shelter. While many people associate them with dirt and are embarrassed to see them in their homes, this is not the case. The cleanliness of your home is not what affects cockroaches being there. Don't be embarrassed. Call our cockroach extermination teams in Chandler and Gilbert for help. Green Machine Pest Control is your go-to cockroach control expert.
Did you see a cockroach? We can help. Contact Green Machine Pest Control at (480) 470-5266 for our expert cockroach control services in Chandler, AZ.
Types of Cockroaches in Arizona
Did you know that there are two categories of cockroach: domestic and peridomestic? Domestic cockroaches have evolved to live exclusively with humans. Meanwhile, peridomestic roaches do not have to live in human environments but can.
Domestic cockroaches include:
- Brown-banded cockroach
- German cockroach - German cockroaches are the most common cockroach species worldwide. You can identify them by their oval shape and two black lines located on their back.
Peridomestic cockroaches include:
- American cockroach - Also known as a water bug, the American cockroach is the largest of the common house-infesting roaches. Their large size and the figure eight design on the back of their heads are ways to easily identify this type of roach.
- Oriental cockroach - Sometimes referred to as black beetle cockroaches, the Oriental cockroach is another species of large cockroach that infects homes. This species is easily identifiable by it's shiny, black body.
- Smoky brown cockroach
- Turkistan cockroach - The Turkistan cockroach can be challenging to identify to the untrained eye, as males of this species looking like a smaller American cockroaches, while females of the species resembling the Oriental cockroach.
Cockroaches are notoriously hardy and can survive in a variety of environments. Additionally, they are scavengers who will eat a wide range of food, including sugary items, meats, and starches. They have even been known to consume organic matter we would not consider food, such as decaying wood and paper materials.
If you've spotted cockroaches on your Chandler property, don't hesitate to call us at (480) 470-5266 today!
Preventing Cockroaches in Your Home
Many people will have to deal with cockroaches, especially those living in cities. But there are things you can do to make your home less appealing to them. And, if you do happen to end up with cockroaches despite your best efforts, Green Machine Pest Control is just a phone call away.
Steps you can take to prevent a cockroach infestation include:
- Clearing and bagging all trash and food waste as soon as possible
- Regularly clean out under your sinks
- Don’t leave food lying out, including pet food
- Keep areas that cockroaches like to hide dry and free of debris
- Don’t let trash pile up, even if it’s in bags.
If you have cockroaches, you may be struggling to figure out how they got into your home. As they are small, they can sneak in through cracks and holes that may not initially seem big enough. They are also often tracked inside in boxes, bags, and crates. If you live in an apartment building, they may also migrate over from neighboring units. Additionally, if you've had a significant weather change, you may see cockroaches like the American, Asian, and Turkistan varieties move inside.
What Smells Repel Cockroaches?
Cockroaches naturally have a very good sense of smell. This helps them seek out mates and food. Just like every living being there are smells they like and smells they don't. Some of the smells that repel cockroaches are:
- Lavender - Cockroaches hate the smell of lavender. If you enjoy the smell of lavender, then this is a win win. A great defense system against cockroaches is planting lavender around your home and using lavender oil inside your home. You can even dilute the lavender oil and use a spray bottle to apply it directly to surfaces cockroaches are a problem.
- Citrus - Fresh citrus is a smell many people love. This is another scent that cockroaches hate and avoid it. This means if you use citrus scented cleaners in your kitchen and bathroom cockroaches are less likely to enter those areas. Another solution could be to leave fresh citrus peels in strategic places to further repel cockroaches. You will need to replace the peels a couple times a month, but it will lead to a roach free house.
- Essential Oils - Like lavender there are multiple essential oils that work to repel cockroaches. Some additional essential oils homeowners can use are peppermint oil, cedarwood oil, and cypress oil. If you enjoy and use any of these scents you can use them in your home in place, or along with other strategies to repel cockroaches.
If you experience regular cockroach problems in your home or apartment, incorporate some of these strategies to repel cockroaches. After using these strategies, if you are still experiencing a cockroach problem, be sure to contact the cockroach control experts at Green Machine Pest Control today!
Call Us for Fast Cockroach Extermination
When you have roaches, you want them to go as soon as possible. At Green Machine Pest Control, we recognize that time is of the essence, and we can perform extermination services within 24 to 48 hours. Our Chandler cockroach exterminators are well-trained and committed to professionalism. In addition to an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, we have also been screen and approved by Home Advisor. We always treat your home with care, and we clean up after ourselves when the job is done. Green Machine Pest Control is also committed to the safety of you and your family. After we have completed treatment, you do not have to worry about your family and pets being in the area.
For the best cockroach control in Chandler and Gilbert, contact Green Machine Pest Control at (480) 470-5266. We make your home a bug free zone!
Great Customer Service
"Great customer service.. very knowledgeable tech. Would recommend highly as it is a family owned business."- Sandra R.
"We've been using green machine pest control for over two years and We've had great experience. They communicate with text messages and emails to let us know when they will be here.- Josh D.
When we interact with the technicians at our house they are alwa"
"Scott from Green Machine as usual, did a great job."- Jon E.
"The products are super effective."- Bj S.
"We've been using them coming on a year and have had no complaints, only compliments!"- Matt H.