Chandler Termite Control
Green Machine Pest Control Helps You Prevent Structural Damage
Termite Treatment - Monthly Warranty - Home Sale/Refinancing Inspections
Termites are one of the most destructive pests homeowners must contend with. These insects are often hidden, and we are not aware that there is an issue until it has reached infestation levels. Termite remediation is also a complicated process, and if you are dealing with a termite problem, you want to be sure you are working with a pest control provider who specializes in termites. At Green Machine Pest Control, our Chandler termite control specialists are highly trained, and we have the experience needed to help you today. We are top-rated on Home Advisor, and we have received a 5-star rating on Yelp.
Are you worried about termites? Call our termite experts in Chandler and Gilbert at (480) 470-5266.
Types of Termites
There are several different species of termites in the U.S. All of them can cause severe problems in your home. Termites feed on cellulose material, namely the organic material in wood and paper materials. Typically, termites prefer wood that is already decaying or rotting, and consequently, homes that have suffered water damage are particularly vulnerable to termites.
The three main types of termites in the U.S. are:
- Subterranean termites
- Drywood termites
- Dampwood termites
Subterranean termites are the most destructive termites, and they are what residents in Arizona are most likely to encounter. The sandy soil in the desert is ideal for subterranean termites to navigate through and build their colonies in. These termites are blind and live underground, constructing tunnels and tubes, only coming to the surface in search of food. Subterranean termites live in colonies, reproduce quickly and in large numbers, and their colonies can reach up to two million members.
Signs You Have Termites
The sooner you can eradicate termites, the better. Because termite infestations can escalate quickly, homeowners need to be aware of the warning signs of a termite infestation. Knowing when to call in pest control can help you stop termites in their tracks and can help you save money on repairs.
You may have a termite infestation if you notice:
- Mud tunnels along the walls, around the foundation, inside the garage, hanging from the ceilings, around windows
- Gathered dry-looking mud
- Boreholes in wood flooring, baseboards, and windowsills
- Flying termites or discarded termite wings after swarming
Another sign of termites is seeing what look like white ants. Ants and termites look very similar, and they are often mistaken. So, if you see a strange-looking ant, and aren't sure what to do, call our Chandler termite exterminators. We will perform a thorough inspection of your property and identify what pest you’re dealing with: ants or termites.
What Attracts Termites to Your Property?
One of the ways you can prevent a termite infestation is to learn what attracts them to your property and then removing any source of attraction. It's important to remember that different types of termites prefer different types of environments. Subterranean termites live in tunnels that they dig, also known as mud tubes. They also live in colonies and tend to build their colonies and mud tubes close to sources of wood. As their name indicates, Dampwood termites prefer wood that is moist and soft. Therefore, they can commonly be found in cellars, crawlspaces, and outdoor wooden structures. Drywood termites are often found in attics or garages, which supply them with dry wood sources.
Termites are attracted to the following things you may have on your property:
- Clogged gutters: It's normal for twigs and leaves to build up in your gutters. Left unattended, though, it can cause excess moisture to soften your roof's material until it eventually rots. The weakened wood is more susceptible to penetration from termites looking for entrance to your home and their source of wood.
- Piles of wood: Because they feed on wood, if you have any piles of wood or firewood, it's important to store it in such a way that it won't attract termites. We recommend that you stack the wood 20 feet away from your property and at least 5 inches off the ground. This will prevent termites from being drawn toward your home via the wood pile.
- Mulch: Because the wood chips in mulch can retain moisture, it can be a great source of attraction for dampwood termites. To deter them from your property, it's best to keep mulch 15 inches away from your foundation.
- Excess foliage: If you have dead trees or stumps littering your yard, it's important to have them removed. The wood will attract termites and draw them toward your property.
- Leaves and lengthy tree limbs: In addition to serving as food sources, trees with long limbs that reach your roof or brush the sides of your home provide access for termites. Be sure to keep your trees properly trimmed to keep termites away.
5 Things To Look For In A Termite Control Company
2.Money saving coupons - Our aim is to make pest control services attainable for all that need it. Browse through our coupons here to find out how you can save today.
3. The process - While most pest control companies will make sure to get the pests out of your home, we'll go into the nests and make sure anything around your home is eradicated as well.
4. Guarantees - Our guarantee that you can find here, states that you will get the bug-free-home you have worked so hard for and 100% deserve. If any problems persist, give us a call and we will re-treat for no extra charge.
5. An informative blog - Our aim is to ensure that your home is well protected by any means necessary. We want everybody to be informed about best practices and what they can do to prevent the need for our termite control services.
We Work to Minimize Termite Damage
If, after an inspection, our termite specialists determine that you have a termite problem, we will treat your home. Our termite treatment includes the use of Termiticide around your home and in the soil to prevent more termites from coming inside. If they have spread to the inside of your walls, we will also spray foam inside your walls to prevent them from progressing further.
Termites are a serious problem in Arizona. At Green Machine Pest Control, we take termites seriously. Our goal is to provide you with effective termite remediation services that you can rely on. We also offer a monthly termite warranty to customers who are worried about termites, but whose homes do not show active signs of termites. If termites do show up, as long as you pay your monthly coverage payment, your treatment is covered.
“Would recommend highly as it is a family owned business.”- Sandra R.
“I highly recommend them for your pest-control needs!”- Josh D.
“Scott from Green Machine as usual, did a great job.”- Jon E.
We only use the best products! We ensure that they are pet and kid friendly.
All of our technicians are background checked, trustworthy, and they even carry treats for your dogs.
Prioritize the Customer
We truly care about our customers and always do what is best for them.