With the excitement of the holidays fast approaching, make sure you take the time to explore all the holiday events happening in Chandler, Mesa, Gilbert and surrounding areas over the next few months. To give you a head start on planning, we’ve put together a list of some of the events taking place over the next few months.
- Halloween Bash: Sun, October 28, 2018 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM MS
- Thanksgiving Succulent Pumpkin Centerpiece Workshop: Sat, November 17, 2018 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM MST
- Big Thanks to YOU!: Tue, November 20, 2018, 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM MST
- Charming Ponies Holiday Carnival: Sat, Dec 15, 2018, 10:00 AM – Sun, Dec 16, 2018, 5:00 PM MST
- Selfies with Santa: Sat, December 22, 2018, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM MST
- Breakfast with Santa – Arizona Mills: Sat, December 22, 2018, 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM MST
Green Machine Pest Control loves being a part of the Chandler community. We encourage all members of the community to join in on all the festivities taking place over the next few months and get to know your neighbors.
If you ever find yourself in need of pest control services, give us a call at (480) 470-8383, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at us at 1181 E Harrison St, Gilbert AZ 85295. Happy Holidays!
Been getting the feeling you have some unwanted guests in your home lately? Rodent infestations can make you feel that way. So, how do you know you have a problem and what can you do about it? One small mouse might not seem TOO invasive, but usually one is all you see while the others hide in the distance.
Scan your house for these tell tale signs you have a rodent problem.
- Droppings: Rodents aren’t tidy house guests. Their droppings will be found in areas most likely for them to find food – cabinets, pantries, kids rooms.
- Mysterious Sounds: Rodents are NOISY. They squeak, they squeal and they rustle through everything. You may notice louder noises at night time or early in the morning as they begin to search for food.
- Urine Trails: Small animals, small bladders. Rodents are notorious for leaving trails of urine behind them and even making something called “urinating pillars” which are little piles of grease, dirt and urine.
- Bite Marks: Seen any suspicious bite or scratch marks on cereal boxes? Accompanied by droppings, you can be sure you have a rodent issue.
- Nests: Birds aren’t the only animals that build nests. Rodents like soft, fuzzy warm places to rest. They typically will gather paper, grass and twigs just like birds, and stuff them into hidden spaces in closets or walls.
- Strange Smells: mice have a very distinctive musky odor. There is nothing similar to their scent, but if you notice an off, musky scent, you could have a mice problem.
- Spastic Pets: is your dog or cat weirdly erratic? They can probably hear or see the little rodents running around.
Rodents are nocturnal creatures, and they breed rapidly. Stay aware of your surrounding to be sure you can protect your home against a rodent infestation. Because they are nocturnal, it’s easy for rodents to slip by for weeks without your knowledge, but catching and addressing the problem sooner rather than later will save your home. Contact a professional for the most effective and humane way to remove rodents from your home. At Green Machine Pest Control we value your home and family, so we’ll restore the balance as quickly and seamlessly as possible. Call us today (480) 666-8579.
With thousands of pest control products lining the shelves, it’s easy to think you can take care of that “little termite” problem on your own. The biggest benefit of DIY pest control is that it saves money up front. The biggest downfall, is that it almost NEVER works, and usually even makes the problem worse. You know how your doctor always tells you to take the full bottle of antibiotics? Well, that’s because if you don’t some bacteria can survive and actually become stronger! Pest control is similar. What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger – right?
Plus, there are some big risks when DIY-ing pest control. Here’s just a few to consider.
Pesticide Poisoning – Many pesticides contain poisons that can do serious neurological damage to humans, not to mention – death. If you do take the DIY route, keep your children and pets away from the treated area and the product.
Venomous Insects – Even if you aren’t allergic to the insects invading your home, many (spiders especially) contain a venom that can be extremely harmful to humans. If you’re ever bitten, seek medical attention immediately.
Oversight- Sure, there are thousands of pests right in front of your eyes, but there are thousands more hiding in every nook and cranny imaginable. And what about that nest way back in the wall? Save yourself the time, money & trouble, and call a professional.
Respiratory Damage – Many pesticides contain chemicals that are damaging to the lungs. Aimlessly spraying foreign chemicals around your home puts you and your loved ones at risk.
Chemical Burns – Not many people have experienced chemical burns – well DIY pesticides often contain chemicals that can have adverse reactions when it comes in contact with skin. It’s better a professional handles the chemicals with proper safety attire and the knowledge of the product.
House Fires – Many people believe a bit of heat can rid them of their bed bug problem. NOT TRUE. It might be a temporary band-aid for your problem, and it also could burn your house down.The only true way to remove bed bugs is with professional extermination.
Chaotic Animals – Imagine being that raccoon trapped in your basement. He doesn’t want to be there anymore than you want him there. When an animal feels threatened, it’s likely to become aggressive. Call a professional with the properly trap and release tools to safely remove any rodents or animals from your home.
Incorrect Placement – Where in the home are mouse traps most effective? Where do German Cockroaches like to build their nests? Are termites more likely to take over the floors, or the walls? Pest control is a science. To properly and effectively rid your home of pests, you’re better off leaving it to the experts.
DIY pest control efforts can be a temporary fix to your problem, but the risks associated are high, and likely not worth the few dollars saved in the long run. At Green Machine Pest Control, our experts are trained in removal and extermination of scorpions, German Cockroaches, termites, bed bugs, rats, squirrels, rodents, ants and anything in between. Our preventative services also help keep your space pest free so you don’t wake up to an unexpected visitor. Give us a call today and schedule your inspection.
They absolutely suck. They are horrible creatures, they are ugly, and they make you want to jump on the couch and scream like a little girl (take it from experience). Continue reading